Notre Dame Vs. Louisville Game Notes
• Saturday, Nov. 22, 2014
• 3:40 p.m. EST
• Notre Dame Stadium (80,795); Notre Dame, Indiana
• Saturday will be the 243rd straight sellout at Notre Dame Stadium. Every Irish home game beginning with the final two home games in 1964 has been a sellout except one - a 1973 Thanksgiving Day game vs. Air Force that was moved for television. Notre Dame has played in front of sellouts in 291 of its last 292 home games.
• Notre Dame has played in front of sellout crowds in 273 of its previous 320 games (.853) overall. The Irish have played before 644 sellouts in 921 total games (.699) since 1930.
WEB SITES, SOCIAL MEDIA
• Notre Dame (UND.com...@NDFootball), Louisville (UofLSports.com...@UofLFootball)
• Notre Dame is receiving votes in both the Associated Press poll and the Amway Coaches' poll. Louisville also received votes in both polls.
• Notre Dame meets Louisville for the first time on Saturday.
• The Cardinals will become the 143rd different team to play Notre Dame and the 72nd to do so at Notre Dame Stadium.
• For more information on the series, turn to pages 2-4.
WHAT TO WATCH FOR
• Notre Dame will recognize its 2014 senior class on the field at Notre Dame Stadium prior to Saturday's contest against Louisville. The 2014 seniors are looking to join the class of 2013 as having won each of its four home finales.
COUNTDOWN TO KICKOFF
12... Notre Dame has seen 12 players record at least one sack in 2014. It ties for the most players with a sack for the Irish since the 2003 squad had 14. (Page 20)
11... The Irish have played 11 true freshmen in 2014. This youth movement is particularly prevalent on defense where 75.5 percent of Notre Dame's tackles last week against Northwestern were made by players in either their first or second year of competition. (Page 13)
10... Notre Dame's defense has recorded at least one interception in each of its last 13 games, the second-longest active streak in the Football Bowl Subdivision behind only Ole Miss' 15. The Irish rank 10th in the nation this fall with 15 interceptions. (Page 21)
9... Notre Dame has scored at least 27 points nine times in its 10 games this year. It ties for the most 27-plus scoring outputs through 10 games since 1949 when Notre Dame scored no fewer than 27 points in any of its 10 contests en route to a national championship. (Page 14)
8... With a win, Brian Kelly would become the first coach to begin his Notre Dame career with five-straight eight-win seasons. (Page 6)
7... Senior QB Everett Golson ranks seventh in the nation with 27 TD passes in 2014. (Page 16)
6... Senior TE Ben Koyack is the sixth semifinalist for the Mackey Award from Notre Dame since 2004. No other school has more than three over that span. (Page 18)
5... Head coach Brian Kelly is aiming to become the first Notre Dame coach to win each of his first five home finales since Terry Brennan (1954-58). (Page 3)
4... Louisville is the fourth Atlantic Coast Conference foe for Notre Dame in 2014 as the Irish begin a scheduling agreement with the ACC. The Irish will face an average of five ACC teams over each two-year cycle through 2025. (Page 26)
3... Senior QB Everett Golson is responsible for 212 points this year, ranking third in the nation behind only Marcus Mariota of Oregon and J.T. Barrett of Ohio State. (Page 17)
2... Senior QB Everett Golson and sophomore LB Jaylon Smith are both semifinalists for two major awards. Golson is in the running for the Maxwell and Davey O'Brien awards while Smith is a viable candidate for both the Bednarik and Butkus awards. (Pages 4-5)
1... Sophomore WR Will Fuller is tied for the FBS lead with his 13 TD receptions. (Page 18)
0... The Irish defense has not allowed any 80-plus yard scoring drives this year. Notre Dame's offense has produced 11.