In Compliance with FCC Rules (Section 508 of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended)
KLAA AM 830 contest winners are subject to the following rules and regulations:
1) No purchase is required to play or win.
2) KLAA AM 830 reserves the right to determine geographic restrictions or other specific limitations for contest entry eligibility. All contestants must be permanent residents of the state of California and must provide KLAA AM 830 (“Station”) with have a valid form of identification and Social Security number.
3) All contestants must be at least 18 years old to be eligible for contests that are not affiliated with an alcoholic beverage manufacturer or distributor, or that include hotel accommodations and/or air travel.
4) All contestants must be at least 21 years old to be eligible for all contests affiliated with an alcoholic beverage manufacturer or distributor, or that include hotel accommodations and/or air travel.
5) One entry per household. A “household” is determined as any individuals residing at the same address. After winning a contest on KLAA AM AM830, the individual/household is ineligible to win any other contests on KLAA AM 830 for a period of ninety (90) days. All individuals/households receiving a prize(s) valued at equal to or greater than $600.00 from KLAA AM 830 may be issued a 1099 Federal Income Tax Form by the Station owner, LAA 1, LLC, and are ineligible to win a prize(s) valued at equal to or greater than $600.00 for a period of one calendar year from the date of winning. If it is determined that a selected contestant is ineligible as a result of one or both of these restrictions, another contestant will be selected. This procedure will continue until these restrictions are satisfied.
6) For telephone contests, listeners may enter by calling KLAA AM 830 at 877-883-0830 . If any problems are discovered by the Station, different call-in numbers or addresses may be substituted and utilized after those numbers and addresses are broadcast on the Station. In the event a caller is disconnected during a contest before his/her name and phone number is recorded, then the prize will be awarded to the next caller whose name and phone number are recorded. The person operating the telephone at the Station has the final decision as to who is the winning caller. Station’s toll-free numbers have geographical limitations.
7) For contests requiring an entry, they may be faxed to (714) 940-2589, e-mailed to contest specific address on the Station’s website: AM830.net or mailed/delivered to AM 830, 2000 Gene Autry Way, Anaheim, CA 92806. All entries become property of the Station and will not be returned. The Station reserves the right to retain any or all contest materials for any reason that it deems crucial to the completion of the contest, or reasons relating to publicity and/or advertising. The Station shall have no responsibility for failure to win or claim any prize based on difficulties with telephone, facsimile, email, or internet difficulties, or any circumstances in any contest.
8) Any specific rules and/or restrictions pertaining to individual contests (entry dates, a limit on number or words on an entry, etc.) will be disclosed in on-air announcements.
9) Prize must be picked up at the Station business office or other pre-arranged location within thirty (30) days of notification to the winner, or the prizes will be forfeited. The Station assumes no liability for the delivery of prizes. Prize is awarded as is to the winner only, with no written or express warranty. Prize has no cash value. If the prize is ticket(s) to an event, winner must pick up the tickets at least one business day prior to the event. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the prize and no other prize will be substitiuted.
10) In the event the winner is subject to or the subject of any order or legal process issued by any governmental agency having jurisdiction over the affairs of the winner (i.e. garnishment, child support order, judgment, lien, and the like), The Station’s delivery of the prize to the official representative of the governmental entity claiming a right to the prize shall be thus deemed as KLAA AM 830 awarding the prize to the winner. The Station shall be entitled to rely in good faith, upon any documents presented by the representative seeking to collect the prize in lieu of the winner. The Station shall not be liable for any claim by any winner for damages incidental thereto.
11) The Station (d/b/a LAA 1, LLC), all participating co-sponsor companies and their advertising and promotional agencies absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any station contest or prizes awarded in any station contest. Winners may be required to sign a release form and affidavit of eligibility to claim their prize. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of prize.
12) Winners consent to the use of their name, likeness, and all verbal and written communications with the station for publicity purposes. Winners also consent the use of their email and/or phone number for any and all email & text promotional messages conducted by AM830. After receiving the first email and/or text message, winners will be able to opt out if they choose.
13) Contractors, Officers, or Employees and families of Contractors, Officers, or employees of KLAA AM 830 (d/b/a LAA1, LLC), Angels Baseball LP, Aramark, Contemporary Service Corporation, AEG, the City of Anaheim, and any related and affiliated companies, all participating co-sponsor companies and their advertising and promotional agencies are not eligible..
14) All prizes are non-transferable and are not redeemable for cash and have no cash value. The Station reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value. The Station can not be held responsible for unforeseen cancellations or delays of concerts/events or transportation caused by weather, promoter or performer.
15) Winners are solely responsible for all applicable local, state and federal taxes. Winner may be issued a 1099 MISC federal tax form if in one calendar year the prize value of all prizes won in contests from the Station and/or participating co-sponsors exceeds $600.00.
16) The Station, (d/b/a LAA 1, LLC), assumes no liability for situations, repairs, or incidents arising from any aspect of any prize awarded in any contest. The Station, (d/b/a LAA1, LLC), their advertising agencies, affiliates, contest sponsors, employees, and immediate families of each absolve themselves and shall be held harmless from any action or liability arising from any contest or prize awarded in any contest.
17) The following are specifically related to E-contest promotions on KLAA AM 830’s website:
a) All appropriate information in required fields must be filled out or you will be disqualified.
b) To win a prize you must reside within the listening area of the Station, as defined at the exclusive discretion of Station management.
c) Any problems with the internet or email are not the Station’s responsibility.
d) Contestants who register to participate on the Station’s website may be required to produce a printed copy of proof of registration before being allowed to participate in the contest
18) Due to the technical nature of internet streaming, our programs that are heard on-line over the internet, including contests heard on the Station’s internet audio stream are slightly delayed from the time the contests are heard on the broadcast station, and will run behind the broadcast signal. Thus, all contests heard on the internet stream are delayed. This means that when Station contests are played that require a specific caller to telephone the radio station (such as “Be caller number 10”), listeners to the on-line audio stream may be at a disadvantage in participating over those listeners who hear the contests on-air.
19) All giveaways and contests are void where prohibited by law. All local, state and federal regulations apply. As a licensee of the FCC and a trustee of the public airwaves, the Station reserves the right to interrupt and/or discontinue any contest or promotion (and not award the offered prize) at the discretion of Station management if world events, the national mood, or public safety so warrant The Station reserves the right to disqualify any winner if the contest rules have been violated in any way. The Station reserves the right to amend the rules to any contest at any time. All decisions of the Station are final.
20) Prizes are awarded for promotional purposes only and winners may be required to sign a release form.
21) Failure by winner to redeem any coupon, scrip and/or gift certificate within thirty (30) days of winning the contest shall relieve station of any and all obligations or liability for the value of said prize if a station promotional vendor or partner refuses to honor same.
22) Winner waives any and all claims of liability against KLAA AM 830, its owner LAA 1 LLC, its affiliates, agencies, representatives, managers, members, directors, and employees.
23) KLAA AM 830 reserves the right to retain final judgment on all prizes awarded, and to substitute prizes at station’s sole discretion. Station reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value; winners do not have any right to substitution of prizes.
24) Odds of winning prizes depend on the number of eligible entries received.
25) Contest entries in the name of a third party are invalid.
26) Any violation of our contest rules will disqualify the violator’s entrie(s).
27) A copy of these rules are available during business hours at the KLAA AM 830 studios, 2000 Gene Autry Way, Anaheim, CA. and on Station’s website AM830.net/contestrules.htm.
28) A list of winners and Approximate Retail Value of prizes are available by request by writing to LAA 1, LLC Contest Prizes, 2000 Gene Autry Way, Anaheim, CA 92806 within thirty (30) days of the completion of the contest. Include a self addressed stamped envelope and a note indicating the applicable contest.