We seek the help of local community organizations in referring qualified job candidates to the station or distributing information about job vacancies.
Station KLAA, Orange/Los Angeles, California, provides broad outreach regarding job vacancies at the station. We seek the help of local community organizations in referring qualified job candidates to the station or distributing information about job vacancies.
Interested community organization that wish to receive job vacancy information must fill out the attached “Community Organizations Notification Request Form” and submit it via the website, or print it and fax the completed form to 714-940-2589, or mail the completed form to the following address:
2000 Gene Autry Way
Anaheim, Ca 92806
KLAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage all qualified persons of any race, ethnicity, gender, religion, and age to apply for job vacancies.
Click HERE for our PDF Employment Application.
AM830 KLAA is a locally owned and operated radio station which provides live sports and sports talk format serving Southern California. It is the flagship station for Angels Baseball and the Anaheim Ducks NHL hockey team and also broadcasts live NFL and Notre Dame Football games.
The Company is looking for an Account Executive for its offices in Anaheim, CA located at Angels Stadium. This is a full-time position within the sales department of the radio station.
Title: Account Executive
Reporting to the General Sales Manager of KLAA, the Account Executive is responsible for selling commercial advertising time and brokered time on the radio station. The Sales Account Executive must know the station’s programming inside out, the importance of the station’s dial position and power, as well as know what the competition is carrying, their ratings and standing in the market. The Account Executive works closely with businesses and advertising agencies and helps their clients market themselves to the station’s listeners. They perform their duties in a manner that is professional and represents the radio station with the utmost of reliance and integrity. The Account Executive services both direct and agency business.
- Foresees pending challenges; troubleshoots and solves problems and issues regarding client’s concerns.
- Develops new ideas for current and prospective clients.
- Responsible to confirm all contract terms including the scheduling of commercial spots and the value of each spot accurately in Marketron
- Act as the primary contact, respond to, and service requests made by the client(s).
- Maintain accurate records of all related tasks concerning a client(s) contract. All terms must be accounted for via written agreements.
- Must maintain their individual sales budget set by the Manager and General Manager
- Must be able to handle transactional and non-transactional sales by working with an ongoing list of prospects.
- Must create new business through traditional and nontraditional revenue streams.
- Must make a minimum of 12 sales in person calls per week; and 25 telephone sales calls per week.
- Works primarily with major agencies, and on the client side of the business.
Account Executive Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years prior broadcast advertising sales experience and the ability to demonstrate exceptional guest service skills both in person and over the phone
- Has strong established advertising agency and client contacts in the marketplace.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Must understand working with sales goals and budgets.
- Must be comfortable using computers and have intermediate knowledge of MS Office products including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to follow through
- Able to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Works well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
Please submit resumes to Brittany.Johnson@angels.com.
AM 830 KLAA Board Operator
Reporting to the Production Manager, the Board Operator will handle all of the necessary functions that relate to the operating of the radio station’s sound equipment which support any and all programming elements broadcast on AM 830 such as live shows, recorded shows, commercials, remotes, recorded program elements, sound effects, etc. and ensures that all program elements run and air as scheduled. The Board Operator must be familiar with and have a working knowledge of all technical equipment that relates to broadcasts of the stations’ shows and remote shows and games as well as controlling the sound levels of on air hosts, guests, and callers.
- Operates the sound equipment (the sound board) ensuring that proper levels are achieved, and that the overall quality of the sound going out over the air is of the highest and most professional quality. Oversees the timing of live and recorded programs.
- Adheres to and maintains daily program logs during work shift and hand writes on the log any and all discrepancies that might have occurred during a broadcast including commercials that either ran incorrectly or that were missed/bumped, etc.
- Knows how to screen calls, and knows how to place callers on the air with hosts.
- Responsible for picking up all necessary satellite feeds for shows airing and scheduled.
- Responsible for LISTENING to the shows being aired during work shift.
- Responsible for the station being on the air; and reports any “dead air”.
- Responsible for hitting the profanity delay “DUMP” button should a caller use inappropriate language.
- Maintains a working knowledge of FCC rules and regulations.
- Is able to assist with remote broadcasts from either location.
- Reports all malfunctions and glitches in aired programs immediately to Chief Engineer, General Manager, and to Program Director and notes the time and type of occurrence.
- Takes regular transmitter readings and maintains transmitter logs.
- Listens for station’s Legal ID to run within all programming including sports and reports any discrepancies.
- Administers weekly Emergency Alert System tests and records/logs results.
- Understands how to edit, record, produce and mix sound: commercials, brokered shows or network shows; spec spots, etc. Must know all stations editing and sound mixing software.
- Need a minimum of one year of board operator experience for live talk show, sports play by play and syndicated programming.
- Must have experience in digital editing using Adobe Audition or similar two- and multitrack editing software along with familiarity with OMT, AudioVault or Nexgen systems.
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must also have basic knowledge of MS office products, i.e., MS Word and Excel and Windows environment.
- Must be able to multitask
- Must be able to work days/evenings/weekends/holidays
Please submit resumes to Brittany.Johnson@angels.com.